Clutter takes up way too much of our lives and our space, and it makes us feel stressed, on edge, and frazzled. We fret about it day in and day out and try to figure out how to deal with it but never seem to get anywhere with the effort. Why not start today and get your space feeling like home again? Here at Debris Box, we can help families like yours declutter their homes and take back their lives. To get you started on the path to a cleaner and neater home, we wanted to share seven helpful tips with you. Check them out, then start planning your next step to tackle the clutter in your home with our specialty dumpster and hauling services.
1. Do not immediately start shoving things into storage bins. Your first step should be to sit down and determine what you really need to keep and organize by getting rid of the clutter first.
2. Space the project out so that it does not get too overwhelming. The more you take on, the less likely you will finish, so start with a box or two or a single room rather than focusing on the entire house.
3. Work on one target area at a time and avoid the temptation to bounce around a lot as you declutter and clean. Dividing your attention between too many tasks can deter you from finishing any of them.
4. Create a system that is easy and helps you stay organized as you work. A common trick that works for many people is to sort everything into piles that can be donated, tossed, kept or sold.
5. Resist the temptation to buy more stuff unless it is absolute essentials until you have completed the decluttering task. Chances are you really don’t want or need it anyway if you took a second look at it.
6. Start with the area that will make you feel the best once it’s done or that will have the greatest motivational impact. Each small achievement will help you keep going so that you can tackle the task at hand.
7. Give everything you decide to keep its own space. If you can’t find a place for something, then you need to evaluate the purpose and need for that item and really consider if you truly need it or not.
Here at Debris Box, we provide several size options for roll-off dumpsters and dumpster rentals. We believe in helping everyone find ways to live a greener, more sustainable, less impactful life that helps protect the environment. We are here to help haul away all of that unwanted clutter and trash in your life. We can also help with recycling most reusable items with our special recycling collection and disposal service. Contact Debris Box when you are ready to declutter your home and let us make the process easier and less stressful for you.