Save Money & Help the Environment
Many Building Permits require a refundable deposit to reward diversion of a percentage (usually 65%) of waste away from the landfill. To see if you have a deposit look at your permit.
Commingled Diversion The following items can be commingled in a load and taken to a Construction, Demolition and Inert Recycling Facility (CDI) for sorting and recycling. For these loads, you will receive a receipt from the CDI that shows the diversion percentage. Retain these receipts until the end of the project and submit them for refund of your diversion deposit as instructed on the building permit. If you have both acceptable items and unacceptable items, consider using one box for the unacceptable items and the other box(es) for the acceptable items. Divert from landfill/recycle and save money, get your deposit back.
Recycling a portion gives you a prorated refund. And Remember, Recycling helps the Environment.
|Metals||Drywall||Wood/Lumber||Cardboard||Concrete/Asphalt (Max 12-inch pieces|
Unacceptable Items The following items may not exceed 10% of the total weight/volume in a CDI load.
|Dirt||Treated wood||Stucco||Vegetation||Bagged Material (Delays Sorting Line)||Plastic Sheeting (Delays Sorting Line)|
Loads that consist 100% of any one category below can be recycled and receive a 100% diversion credit. In addition, 100% loads save you disposal costs.
|Carpet (Call for details)||Drywall||Wood/Lumber||Green Recyclables|
Hazardous waste is not accepted in the loads. Hazardous Waste includes, but is not limited to:
• Petroleum Based Products, such as oil or gasoline, No Propane Tanks
• Products with lead, such as TV’s, Computers, lead based paint or lead pipes/welds
• Light ballasts with PCB’s and fluorescent bulbs
• Automobile/marine/motorcycle/lithium batteries (No smoke detectors – Lithium)
• Wet Paint (Spread wet paint on newspaper to dry in the sun, let paint cans dry)
• Chemicals, Poisons, Pesticides, Herbicides, Asbestos
• Medical Waste
• Treated Wood
MAXIMUM LOAD WEIGHT = 10 TONS