Any project aimed at helping you declutter and organize your home is going to be a big undertaking. Preparing for such a job requires careful attention to detail and a good bit of planning. Here at Debris Box, we have a range of roll-off dumpsters and dumpster rental packages that can make it easier to haul away all of that unwanted clutter that is making your house feel less like a home. Our customized hauling services can also recycle many common reusable items as you clean your home and say goodbye to clutter.
How to Deal With Clutter
Clutter takes up way too much space in our homes, and clutter can be a major time and money waster as well. It is on our minds, in our homes and invading every aspect of our lives day in and day out. Debris Box has what you need to make the most of your decluttering efforts, and to help you get started on the right foot, here are seven things you can do to make the decluttering process easier and less stressful.
- Do not buy storage bins right away. You will first want to take the time to look at your clutter and determine what you really need to keep. There is no sense in shoving useless clutter into a storage bin.
- Space the project out. The bigger the load is and the more overwhelming it seems, the less likely you will finish. Go room by room and take it slowly so you do not get too overwhelmed or burn out too quickly.
- Do one thing at a time. Multi-tasking is a great skill in some areas of life, but not when it comes to trying to deal with clutter and organize your home. Stay focused on the task at hand- getting things clean and neat.
- Create a system as you go. A big issue with major decluttering and clean up projects is it often feels like you are just moving piles around and relocating the clutter. Make piles as you go: donate, toss, keep, or sell.
- Resist the urge to keep buying stuff. It kind of defeats the purpose of trying to scale back and organize and clean if you just keep adding more stuff to the mess. It will just add to what you eventually have to haul away.
- Start with the worst or most important area. Each small achievement is just another push to finish the task at hand. Starting with a room you want to get clean the most can help give you the motivation to keep going.
- Give everything its own space. If you don’t know where it’s ‘home’ should be, then you need to think about if there is a point of holding onto it. Does it have value to you at all beyond an emotional connection that makes it worth keeping?
Contact Us Today
Here at Debris Box, we proudly serve San Diego City, National City and the surrounding County. When you are faced with a clutter cleanout project, no matter how big or small, we are here to help! Give us a call at 619-284-9245 to learn more about our services or to schedule a dumpster delivery for your home today!